Brackets And Rails
AGS Magnelis® Brackets And Rails
Our products use Magnelis® for unprecedented corrosion resistance—even in the most hostile environments.
What is Magnelis®?
It’s an exceptional metallic coating produced by preparing pre-galvanized steel in a molten bath of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium, and 3% magnesium. The alloy is applied by a continuous hot-dip galvanizing process.
The zinc-metallic unique composition offers a breakthrough in corrosion protection and cut-edge protection. It also permits conventional processing operations that are possible with hot-dip galvanized steel, such as drawing, bending, profiling, stamping, clinching, etc.
A Choice of Grades
Magnelis® coated steel is available in a variety of steel grades (steels for deep drawing and cold forming applications, high strength low alloy steels, and structural steels) and coating masses.
Its use is approved for civil construction by a number of national bodies:
- France: ETPMETPM for Magnelis®® by CSTB
- Germany: DIBtDIBt Z-30.11-51 for Magnelis®®
- Sweden: Technical Approval no. SC0559-13 for Magnelis®
Benefits of Using Magnelis®
Some other features of Magnelis® that give our products a competitive edge:
Outstanding corrosion resistance
Magnelis® can resist corrosion for a lot longer compared to standard galvanized products,. Its specific composition allows it provide more effective corrosion protection than coatings containing lower magnesium content.
Moreover, Magnelis® forms a dense layer on highly deformed zones, giving them the same durable protection as flat surfaces.
High corrosion resistance means that the product requires less metallic coating to ensure equivalent corrosion protection compared to standard hot dip galvanized steel. This also facilitates processing steps, such as welding.
Edge protection with self-healing effect
Magnelis® forms very dense zinc-based protective film when exposed to the environment, protecting the surface from outside penetration. It provides protection even on the perforations and uncoated edges owing to its 3% magnesium content.
The Magnelis® film gradually covers the red rust present on uncoated zones. In fact, it’s almost impossible for the environment to penetrate the Magnelis® film.
- Outperforms galvanized steel in almost all types of environments.
Outdoor tests of salt spray and cyclic corrosion have proven that the protection provided by Magnelis® against long-term corrosion is three times better than galvanized steel.
- Magnelis® shortens the logistics chain owing to its simpler fabrication process
- Magnelis®’ ability to protect deformed shapes gives manufacturers the freedom to optimise designs.
- Magnelis® has a lower friction coefficient than that of standard hot-dip galvanized steel, which leads to reduced powdering in forming operations.
- Significantly reduces maintenance costs
- Wide feasibility range
Applications of Magnelis®
Mangelis coated steel can be used in a variety of industrial applications, like:
- Construction: non-structural or structural profiles, roofing & cladding, cable trays, decking, expanded metal, composite flooring, concrete moulds, and gratings
- Road and railway infrastructure: safety barriers, sound insulation wall panels, protection equipment, walls protection against hail
- Farming and Agriculture: agricultural equipment, greenhouse structures.
- Tubular applications: road signals, structural tubes for scaffolding,